Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Four: Work Out Your Globetrotting Plans (Yellenahs)

I can't wait to travel the world. I want to see everything.

The world map that we found on the interwebz hurt my eyes with all of its pixels. So instead of coloring in a map of the world with countries I have been to/want to go to, I am including this nifty list.

Been there, done that:
  • The United States. Obviously, because I live here.
  • Canada. Obviously, because the drinking age is lower there.
  • Japan. I took a P2P trip to this fascinating country a few years back. I drank water with "sweat" in the title and ate things like Pocky.
  • The Bahamas. Disney Cruise, ftw!!
Intend to go there this year: None this year, unless I study abroad in Italy. But, alas, I am only a poor college student for now.

Intend to go there sometime before I die: I'm just gonna go ahead and say the whole world. Honestly, I don't think I can say there's a place I wouldn't like to go sometime. Except maybe Antarctica. There's not much there. Everywhere else, though, I know there's some beauty that I need to witness. Europe is first, and I plan to visit as many cathedrals as I possibly can.

I'm also going to do the United States, because I've been to more states than countries and have more definite goals with them. For this one I have a map:


Green: Been there, done that
Blue: Intend to go there this year
Purple: Intend to go there in the next 5-10 years
Yellow: Intend to go there sometime before I die
Red: Happy never to set foot there in my whole life

I may want to spend some time in California this summer. If not, then I intend to take a mass cross-country road trip. In which case, some of those purples would be blue. Said road trip may also take me through some of the reds. It's not that I don't want to go to those places, I just don't care about them that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment