Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day Twenty-Nine: Dial a Phone Number at Random and Read This Script with a Deep Southern Accent (Anailuj)

The book gives this LONG script that's all about Jesus and how cool he is. I know I was supposed to just pick a random phone number, but I thought it would be so much more fun to call my brother instead! But I couldn't use my phone, obvs, because he would know it was me. So I used John's.
My brother answered the phone, but hung up after "You know, without God, without Jesus, we have no hope. Why? Well, because we know that the standard of God's righteousness is Law, a law of the Ten Commandments..."

So I called again. This time he did not pick up, so I left a message. Unfortunately the message time ran out by the time I got to "...having to slay a lamb for your sins would definitely keep a man on guard not to sin too much because otherwise he would lose his livestock pretty quick, wouldn't he? Well anyway, (praise be unto God)...."
So I called again and finished the script. I'm very persistant.

I concluded the fun times by showing my brother the script and asking if it sounded familiar.
"Hey," he exclaimed with an air of recognition, even revelation. "I was getting calls from this today!...Oh."
The biggest mystery for him was where in the world I was calling from. Apparently getting a call from an unfamiliar area code is the MOST CONFUSING THING IN THE WORLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment