Friday, October 9, 2009

Day Twelve: What's Your Type? (Anailuj)

Today the book gave me an itty bitty checklist of "types" of guys and I'm supposed to check one as a reminder at drunken parties. I see two flaws with this:
1. I don't drink, so I'm not likely to somehow forget what I like.
2. This is a very limited checklist. It only offers Beefcake, Mr. Nice Guy, Loaded, Married with Kids, Sleazeball, and Handsome Prince.

Thanks, book that was clearly written by men (the choices for women were mostly related to hair color and lesbians). I happen to dislike all of these choices. You can probably come to pretty accurate conclusions about why I don't like Beefcake, Married, and Sleazeball. It's aslo safe to assume that I'm not after Loaded because I'm not a golddigger.
"But why, Anailuj," you want to know, "Don't you like Mr. Nice Guy or Handsome Prince???"
I'll tell you.
Mr. Nice Guy is delightful, really. But the honest truth is he's just too nice. He's nicer than me, for sure. And that would make me feel like a mean nasty person if I was with someone who was perfect all the time. Argue with me. Question my ideas. Match wits with me. I don't like being wrong, but I don't want to be right just by default.
You can still tell me I look ravishing all the time.

As for the Handsome Prince, it's not that he doesn't exist, it's just that he's actually a prince. His name is William, and when his grandma (God Save Elizabeth Windsor) dies he's going to be the king of England.

I don't think I really have one particular "type." My taste in boys is about as eclectic as my taste in music. I guess I'd just say that we have to be able to have mind-blowing... conversation. He has to be able to make me laugh so hard my face hurts and I maybe pee a little. No hard drugs. I don't mind alcohol or a little pot, but anything else is pushing it. And don't lie to me. I'd rather have the difficult-to-stomach truth than an easy-to-swallow lie. He has to kill icky bugs for me, except the ones that are too big to kill. He has to put those ones outside, but far away from the house.

It would be nice if he also worshipped the ground I walked on, but I realize that's something I have to earn by being a reciprocally fantastic girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment